Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Is it too early for spring shopping!!

I love shopping for clothes not only for me but for anybody really... 
Yes, even on Christmas I'm the one giving sweaters. LOL.
 I love clothes, but I don't really follow any trends. I can go from punk, to preppy, to tomboy, to goth easily and I sometimes match my makeup to those times. I guess if somebody wants to describe my style they would crack their heads open trying to figure me out. The reason I don't follow trends is because they are not for every body type that exist today. While some people wear whatever is on trend at the time, even if the design doesn't flatter they body type. I prefer different styles as long as it flatters my body and I feel comfortable. That is why I never buy clothes without trying them on. Every time I go to the store I would grab maybe 10-20 items to try-on and many times only 1-2 items would fit perfectly. Sometimes some colors look beautiful but when I try them on it makes my body look wider or shorter. I prefer dark colors or just plain white, maybe cream but that would be pushing it. The colors that I ran away from are light colors! Pretty much anything that starts with the word BABY!

I recently went shopping and let me tell you Belk had some pretty good deals that I just couldn't resist!
Remember the jeans that I mention before well, yes I bought them! they look so good.... I wore them the other day with boots and a turtleneck... that combination never fails! 
The dark wash makes me look skinnier!
I would recommend this jeans to woman who are on the curvy size, because honey I do have a butt and sometimes it gets squish in some skinny jeans. In the part of the leg was a bit loose but I didn't mind as long as my curves look fine!
They only cost $24.97

After I found my jeans I was glancing thru the store and these blouses caught my eyes.
  They were on special!!!! 
Most of the blouses were from last year summer collection and I guess they wanted to make space for the new spring and summer collection. 
This Black blouse even though is not my size, it still look beautiful on me.  The stripes are a bit on the see thru size but with a black or white bra I won't have any problems. The black part on the sides are awesome they make my trunk look narrow. I love it!!
I would recommend this blouse for people who are trying to hide those love handles like me.

Regular price $24.00 Special price $7.50

Now this blouse I bought it and thought of spring. The flowers and the A shape look gave me a carefree feeling that only spring and summer makes me feel. I don't usually like flowers but this design was soft and delicate that I wanted to buy it ASAP! Plus the price was a real steal too, so how could I refuse??
The V shape gives my bust size a boost, makes my neck longer. The A shape covers those extra few pounds I want to hide. 

Original Price $24.00 Special Price $4.99

This blouse was the only one that I couldn't hide anything. I love the design, the straps are wide which it would be easier for me to hide my bra underneath. But the reason I bought this blouse was because the detail it was soft yet complicated. I thought of maybe going to the park with some shorts or maybe going out with a cardigan. What I'm trying to say is: I can dress it up or down depending on were  I'm going 

Original Price $19.99 Special Price $2.50

I love this dress!! I saw similar dresses during the summer time. Also on the victoria secret website I saw similar dresses but different colors for the spring time.  These dresses you can were them as a dress or as a skirt! I love multi use stuff! The color is fabulous! The first thing that came to my mind was this dress with some black knee length leggings and some white or tan wedge espadrilles. The second was this skirt with a wide brown belt and a white tank top. 

Original Price $32.00 Special Price $7.50

The next item it is also a double wear item. You can use it as a blouse or as a skirt! I wore it as a skirt and I felt in love with it, then I wore it as a blouse and hate it! It makes me look to wide in my mid-section and no woman wants that! I guess I bought it because of the price, plus I have a yellow tank top that I never wear and this skirt would go marvelous. I can only imagine me wearing this skirt when we go to the beach or a lake with my bathing suit underneath. 

Original Price $24.00 Special Price $2.50

Well, that's all my shopping! 
I hope that you feel inspire to shop and pamper yourself without sacrificing your wallet.


Love y'all!! Don't forget to check back on my blog! 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE all your finds! Thats the way to shop (without sacrificing your wallet) I love walmart sales rack and thrift stores <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I really want to go to a thrift store.... I bet I can find some real neat stuff!

    ReplyDelete